Thursday, July 28, 2016

Grandpa Clauson


It’s been a while since I posted anything on here but hopefully I can get more into a pattern of writing. Today I posted a photo of my grandfather on instagram as a #tbt (throwback Thursday). Basically, I was going through some old photographs and saw a few pictures of him. It made me sad, because I miss him, but also I still really wish he could have been there for the birth of my son Micah. It would have made him so happy and proud. He would have come to every game Micah has had so far. Not screaming and cheering, but quietly watching. Then, he would leave with a smile and share stories the next day with his friends at church. My grandfather did not have the best family life growing up, so he made a generational change. Family is most important! Sometimes, this came off a little forced, because we didn’t really have an option to show up or not. But, in the end I am grateful.
He showed up to everything!! From all of his kids and grandkids games, to performances and celebrations. Everything! This value was past down to my dad, as he too was there for me all the time. I can only count the games on one hand that my dad may have missed during my 10+ years of playing baseball. Now, being a father myself, I realize the sacrifice, time, and effort this took everyday. Today, I am constantly complaining and frustrated that God has not blessed me with a full time job. I don’t want my wife to have to work and I want to be the provider. But instead, here I am, a stay at home dad. Right where God wants me to be, right now. Maybe, it all started with my grandfather, teaching us that family is most important. Not money, or work, but time with family. I thank him today for the reminder that I am lucky to have some much time with my kids, especially at such an early age. I have yet to know the positive impact that this will have on there lives and how they will past down the value of family. Thank you, Grandpafor making a generational change for me and my family. Lord, help me to never forget what is most important in life.



No comments:

Post a Comment